Sunday, April 12, 2009

My First Easter

I was able to spend today with Jay and the kids.
We woke up to my first Easter morning...
Baskets for the children - and ONE FOR ME!
The Easter Bunny brought me an Eyeshadow/blush compact, a set of toe rings that I had been bugging Jay for, chocolate and a walking bunny that poops jelly beans.
WE HAD A BLAST.

Ham dinner with all the trimmings. Kissing in the kitchen. Reading about the true meaning of Easter with the kids. Egg coloring and hunting, holding hands with Jay under the dinner table.

I hated to go...but my "alter ego" had to go back to work. It was a special weekend. Found myself napping on and off yesterday, just because I could relax!

It's been awhile since I've been able to come out and play. The stress level that Jay and I have been under has been enormous. Which made today sweeter...and going back to "real life" even harder. We both just wanted to snuggle under the covers with her holding me, my head on her chest where we are safe and warm...and stay there forever and ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment